Friday 31 August 2012

Brilliant Brownies.

Alright, I suck at cooking. I can't even get toast perfect, but one thing that I am alright at baking is these wonderful caramel and chocolate brownies! They are seriously delicious, so I thought I'd share the recipe with you all now!!

Just before I start, because I am from Australia, all of my measurements are in grams and such, but if you use different sorts of meausurements, you can go here to convert the weights!!

Here's what you'll need..
-375 grams of Dark Chocolate bits.
-200 grams of chopped butter.
-3/4 cup of caster sugar (188 grams).
-3 eggs.
-2 cups of plain flour (500 grams).
-1/2 cup of white chocolate bits (125 grams). You could also use milk or dark chocolate, your choice.
-380 gram can of Caramel Top 'n' Fill.

And here's what you need to do..
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Again, I am from Australia, so if you measure temperature in Fahrenheit instead of Celsius, this would be 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a tray, approximately 4.5 centimetres deep (go here to convert lengths), and 21 centimetres by 31 centimetres, with baking paper.
3. Put the dark melts and butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave them, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes (or until melted). Make sure you stir them every minute. I prefer to use a stove to do this step, but you can do whatever tickles you fancy.
4. Stir caster sugar into the melted butter and chocolate.
5. Stand for 5 minutes.
6. Add eggs, 1 at a time. Make sure you stir after you add each one.
7. Stir in the flour.
8. Fold through the white chocolate bits (or whatever type you decided to use) and the Caramel Top 'n' Fill.
9. Put the mixture into the tray you prepared earlier, and bake for approximately 40 minutes. The way you will know if they are cooked, is if you put a skewer into the centre and it comes out with crumbs hanging on to it.

And you're done! Now all you've got to do is let it cool and then cut them up! You can either cut them into neat little squares, or what I like to do is to use lots of fun shaped cookie cutters! A bonus with the cookie cutters is that there a lot of little leftover bits that are great to have a nibble on, haha.

Enjoy!! I hope you give these super yummy brownies a go! If you do, tweet me a photo of your creations at @UrbanNerd_ or tell me how you went in the comment box below!!

UrbanNerd.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment